How To Deal With Incontinence
Incontinence is a topic that is rarely publicly discussed widely; as for those who suffer from it, it can be very distressing and embarrassing. What many don’t realise, however is that it is a common issues with millions of people affected by the condition in one way or another throughout the world.
What Is Incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is a condition that is highlighted by involuntary or accidental loss of urine from the bladder. This can range between anything from a small leak to total loss of bladder control. Some causes include
– Several types of diabetes
– Over consumption of fluids – especially caffeine which is an irritant to the bladder
– Damage or injury to the central nervous system or spine – this can be through an accident or due to illness
Incontinence can be managed by using various disposable and reusable incontinence products; which will help make the wearer comfortable and able to go about their daily life with increased peace of mind, whether at home work or out and about.
Available Incontinence Products
Some of the incontinence products that you can buy to alleviate the worry of incontinence include:
– Incontinence pads – Incontinence pads come in different sizes and shapes, with light to medium incontinence the issues these are best suited to; whereas other products will handle larger amounts. Inco pads are often available in bulk, resulting in savings and convenience.
– Incontinence Pants – incontinence pants tend to have a washable reusable pad built in; meaning they are an economical choice. They are available in a range of sizes and absorption levels.
– Mattress Covers – these keep mattresses protected from any leakage; with breathable fabrics for freshness to help avoid sweating and keep you dry. These help to avoid any discomfort.
– Waterproof Bedding – a range of waterproof pillow cases, draw-sheets, mattress covers and duvets are lightweight; hypo-allergenic and vapour permeable. They will alleviate the discomfort during the night and due to being easy to wipe clean mean there is less need for a lot of laundry.
– Bed Pads and UnderPad Sheets – bed pads offer a washable absorbent protective layer to your bedding, whereas underpad sheets are a disposable alternative.
– Chair Pads and Floor Pads- Chair pads have a top layer that is dry to the touch for comfort and dryness purposes. Placing a floor pad on the floor protects from unwanted spillages.
– All in one Vests – these can be sleeveless or have sleeves and are made from soft elastic cotton. They come with the option of with or without legs too, ideal for those who have a preference for removing their pads
These products and more are available online from Beaucare Medical. They are an official distributor of products by some of the UK’s leading manufacturers and also stock bins and refill cassettes. All of their incontinence products are of high quality and affordable prices. View their full range of products on their website today.