Family Trip To London
Family Trip To London
Things To Do With The Kids In London This Summer
As the summer holidays have finally arrived, the time has come for family days out, or even holidays. As The Olympics showed last year, Britain (and appropriately enough for this article, London) has a lot to offer, and this series of articles looks at some great ideas of things you can do with the kids, to keep them entertained and to have a good family day out together!
As our nation’s capital, London has a lot to offer, from family days out to longer stays, there is a lot to se and do and definitely something for everyone in a family group to enjoy. Situated along the river Thames and dating back to Roman times, London is full of history and culture. With a great public transport system you can get from A to B in no time and there is a huge range of places for food and drink, along with plenty of shopping and entertainment opportunities.
Where To Stay In London
London can be quite an expensive place when it comes to all the activities on offer and for food and drink if there are a few people on the family trip. Therefore if you are having a longer visit than just a family day out to London, one great option is to stay in a Youth Hostel.
Youth Hostels are a great budget alternative to a hotel. Run by charities and allowing people the chance to explore a new place at affordable rate; they also allow for meeting new people and getting to try new things.
Of course if you want a little more luxury London boasts a whole host of hotels, to suit a range of budgets and tastes and all over the city.
What to do in London:
Different people will want different things from a trip to London, the range of activities and attractions for a family trip to London is huge! Below are just some of the things that you can do on a family day out in London:
– London Zoo – A classic family day out, London Zoo hosts a range of animals from Gorillas to Giraffes; Lemurs to Lions and Tigers to Tapirs. A great day out to learn about the wildlife of the planet, or simply have a fun filled family day out and see a wide variety of animals all in one place!
– The Bank of England Museum – a free attraction that lets you learn about the Bank of England, it’s history and it’s role within the modern day workings of the economy. A great place to teach the family how the system works!
– Twickenham Stadium and World Rugby Museum – For those i the family who are sport lovers, take a stadium tour around the home of rugby in England and then learn the history of the game in the rugby museum.
– Ripley’s Believe It Or Not – for those wanting something different, then a family day trip to Ripley’s is a fun way to learn and discover new things, and learn some interesting facts in a different manner to what you’re used to.
– Kenwood House and Gardens – For those who have a thing for art, Kenwood house has a great selection of artwork, situated in stunning parkland. These picturesque settings a re a great place to have a break from the city.
What Else Is There To Do?
Of course, family trips out aren’t all about Just learning. Being the capital there is a lot to see and do that will keep all ages entertained. There’s plenty of shopping for those who have a taste for it, scenic walks in parks and along the river. Get a different view of the city by taking a boat trip down the Thames, and seeing the city from the water.
On an evening, there are plenty of attractions and activities still running, as well as great live shows in the west end and plenty of opportunities for food and drink.