Choosing a Cleaning Company: a 5 Minute Guide
Deciding Which Cleaning Contractors Are Best for Your Business
In the world of business, appearances are important and it’s vital that customers get a good first impression. Whether you’re involved in catering, hospitality or retail, cleanliness is essential as a means of ensuring that customers feel comfortable in your premises and trust you as a business. Choosing a cleaning company upon which you can rely is therefore of the utmost importance, but with so much choice out there, it can be rather tricky to decide.
By outsourcing your cleaning duties to professional cleaning contractors, you can free up time for yourself and your staff. This will leave you to concentrate on the day-to-day operations of your business while enabling your staff to focus on other tasks, such as delivering the best possible customer service.
What to Look for in a Cleaning Contractor
When you choose your cleaning contractor, it’s important to take a number of factors into consideration before signing up to any deals:
– Reliability – your new cleaning contractor needs to be reliable, not only because you are paying for a service and therefore have a right for this to be fulfilled, but also because you need to be certain that they will maintain a high and consistent level of cleanliness.
– Flexibility – whatever your business, you need a cleaning contractor that is flexible and willing to work outside your operational hours for minimal interference.
– Security – for the sake of your business and staff (should there be anyone around at the same time as your cleaners), it is important to ensure that the company you choose has appropriate security measures in place. Cleaning staff should have been screened in case of any past convictions, minimising the chance of theft or other criminal behaviour on your premises.
– Cost – while quality is essential, the price of the service needs to be justifiable and affordable for your business. Most companies will provide a free quote for the work that you would require, so you should shop around in order to get the best results for your money.
– Materials – choose a cleaning company that has the right materials for the jobs that need to be done. Bigger companies often get discounts on materials and disposables, with many passing the savings down to their clients. Ideally these materials should be environmentally friendly to fit in with any green policies your company might have.
Making a Decision on Your Cleaning Contractor
You should now have some idea regarding what you want from your cleaning contractor. Just remember that if your company maintains a high standard of cleanliness at all times, customers and other visitors will be more likely to stay for longer and do business with you. In other words, a good contract cleaner won’t just make your life easier; they could also help to boost business.
Servest can help take the stress out of choosing a cleaning contractor. They have a wealth of experience across all areas of commercial cleaning and facilities management, and can ensure that your premises is kept to a high standard of cleanliness at all times. Go to www.servest.com/uk for more information, or call 0800 614 678 to discuss your needs with an expert.