Back To Uni Cleaning Products
Essential Student Cleaning Products
Summer is almost over, and University is almost here again whether you are starting out as a fresher, or you’re heading back for your second or third year, it is best to ensure that you have all the items you need in preparation. Many people like to have a thorough clean before they finally settle in – so having the right cleaning products from the start is an important investment.
New found independence brings new responsibilities and requires more of you, most freshers will have never lived alone, so parents and peers should try to help them out by preparing them with the right cleaning products, as if they have been living with mum and dad they may be inexperienced.
What Are The Essential Cleaning Products To Buy?
Some of the most important cleaning products that you can invest in, include:
– Microfiber cloths – these cloths are hardwearing and versatile. Ideal for a range of surfaces, because of the way they are made up, they are often the most hygienic method of cleaning without spreading bacteria from one place to another.
– Bin bags – these are essential, as the rubbish will mount up from food and general living, having a sturdy bin liner means that you are going to have to clean the inside of your bin less, which is always a bonus as this is never a pleasant job!
– Washing up liquid – Unless you plan on living off takeaways and microwave meals in plastic trays, then having a supply of washing up liquid is a good idea. It can be used to wipe down surfaces when mixed with hot water and keep the place clean, and will make sure that you have clean crockery and cutlery, which is always a bonus as when you’re sharing a flat the washing up tends to pile up.
– Multi surface cleaner – you’ll want to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean, so a good multi surface cleaner will help you keep the place clean and hygienic and can be used throughout the property. These products kill germs and bacteria
– Bleach – bleach is handy to have around, suitable for cleaning your toilets; drains and sinks, in order to prevent odours and germs. Alongside this it is a good way to cut through grime when cleaning floors and tiles – it is advisable to wear gloves and avoid it making contact with your skin when using it!
– Rubber Gloves – suitable for washing up, and general cleaning, they will keep your hands safe from any cleaning chemicals, especially recommended if you have sensitive skin.
– A Mop – you’ll need to keep the kitchen and bathroom floor clean, and when there are a number of people in a small space then grime and dirt builds up quickly. One cost saving tip is to buy the parts separately, so you buy an aluminium handle and then buy a broom head and a mop head, making the two interchangeable and also taking up less space!
– A bucket – this is multifunctional, as it can be used for cleaning your surfaces and worktops etc; as well as being the bucket you use for mopping. Furthermore, when you’re not cleaning, it becomes a handy storage space for the rest of your cleaning products, meaning that you have some additional space when they’re not needed!
Clean As You Go
These cleaning products are all extremely useful, however there are a lot more that could be used. If you’re living with people you’ve known a while or have a good relationship with, then it would be good to work together to keep things clean. If one isn’t a fan of washing up and the other prefers doing it, then swap that job with them, so that people get along better and you have a greater sense of community in the house!